As many of you may know, Thanksgiving is just around the corner and we all know what that means! Thanksgiving dinner. Although there are many foods that we are used to seeing during Thanksgiving, there are some unusual foods families have as well. Check out the top five unusual Thanksgiving side dishes according to Yahoo!
5. Carrot Turnip Casserole. This mix of ingredients for this casserole include, turnip, carrots, cheddar, butter, oregano, basil, and bread crumbs.
4. Parmesan Asparagus Spears. This is a mix of asparagus, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and parmesan cheese.
3. Creamy Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes. These mashed potatoes include pumpkin, chicken, bacon, and onion.
2. Broccoli with Garlic and Pine Nuts. This is a vegetable dish that includes broccoli, olive oil, garlic, hazelnuts, and salt.
1. Sweet Acorn Squash. This recipe includes squash, pecans, brown sugar, and butter.
Have you heard of any unusual Thanksgiving dishes?!